- multipath devices are not created for a given LUN
- Out of 20 mpath devices only 3 are created, when we use -d option to dry-run I can see all mpath devices.
- The boot LUN, while multi-pathed, is not shown by multipath
- The following message is shown in
/var/log/messagesin those cases that a lun is only seen with the dry-run option or when reloading:
kernel: device-mapper: table: 253:39: multipath: error getting device kernel: device-mapper: ioctl: error adding target to tableEnvironment
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5
- EMC Clariion
- Hitachi DF600F
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase, tools, and much more.