- Red Hat Network Satellite 5.5 or earlier
- alert_rhnsat.log on Red Hat Satellite with embedded Oracle database shows repeated "ORA-24010 encountered when generating server alert" errors:
ORA-24010 encountered when generating server alert SMG-4120 ORA-24010 encountered when generating server alert SMG-4121
- Stop all Satellite services:
# rhn-satellite stop
- Take a complete database backup following the steps in the Satellite Installation Guide.
- Contact Red Hat Support to get the required script files satellite-oracle-9i-catproc-fix.sql and satellite-pre5.0-system-user-fix.sql, and download them to /etc/sysconfig/rhn/ on the Satellite.
- Log in as the Oracle user and run the scripts:
# su - oracle $ export ORACLE_SID=rhnsat $ sqlplus '/ as sysdba' @/etc/sysconfig/rhn/satellite-pre5.0-system-user-fix.sql $ sqlplus '/ as sysdba' @/etc/sysconfig/rhn/satellite-oracle-9i-catproc-fix.sql $ exit
- Restart Satellite services:
# rhn-satellite start
- Upgrade scripts from previous Satellite upgrade had not been run.
This solution is part of Red Hat’s fast-track publication program, providing a huge library of solutions that Red Hat engineers have created while supporting our customers. To give you the knowledge you need the instant it becomes available, these articles may be presented in a raw and unedited form.