- Starting with tcsh-6.14-14.el5, the following csh code causes a fatal error: "@: Badly formed number"
@ i = `date +%j`
- `date +%j` returns the day of the year, with leading zeroes, which has never been a problem until the tcsh-6.14-14.
- This is code and other similar working with months, 2 digits years, hours, minutes or seconds may be embedded in many scripts from a 3rd party vendor.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 (all versions)
- tcsh-6.14-14.el5 and tcsh-6.14-17.el5
- Use of any date part that can be out of octal scale.
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase of over 48,000 articles and solutions.