- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.2 and higher
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for SAP HANA Subscription
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for SAP HANA for Power, LE Subscription
- How to subscribe a RHEL 7.2 system to RHEL for SAP HANA child channel?
- How to subscribe the system to RHEL for SAP HANA child channel ?
- How to register the system and subscribe to RHEL for SAP HANA channel ?
Either one of the below subscription combinations is required to access RHEL 7 SAP HANA channels
- for x86_64 platform:
- for PowerPC Little Endian (ppc64le) platform
If you have Premium subscription or additional 'Extended Update Support' (EUS) channel add-on subscription, refer to article How to subscribe RHEL 7 SAP HANA system to Extended Update Support (EUS) channel? instead.
1. Register system
If the system was not yet registered, register system to either Red Hat Satellite or Red Hat Customer portal using Red Hat Subscription management.
Register the system to Red Hat Customer Portal or to Red Hat Satellite server 6.
subscription-manager register --username=XXXX --password=XXXX
Install katello-ca-consumer-[host]-X.rpm from the satellite server before registering the system to Satellite 6.
2. Attach the 'SAP HANA' subscription
Attach the Red Hat Enterprise Linux for SAP HANA Subscription to the system. This process involves two steps
Find the pool id of the RHEL for SAP HANA subscription/Red Hat Enterprise Linux for SAP HANA for Power, LE subscription.
subscription-manager list --available
Attach the subscription to the system
subscription-manager attach --pool=XXXX
3. Enable SAP HANA repositories
When registering the system, all the default yum repositories associated with a subscription are enabled but additional steps as shown below are needed to make sure that packages are only from supported and certified minor version RHEL for SAP HANA.
Set the release to one of the SAP HANA certified version of RHEL and clear the yum cache. For setting the minor release as Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.2
subscription-manager release --set=7.2 yum clean all
Enable the SAP HANA yum repositories
for x86_64 platform
subscription-manager repos --enable="rhel-sap-hana-for-rhel-7-server-rpms"
for PowerPC LE(ppc64le) platform
subscription-manager repos --enable="rhel-sap-hana-for-rhel-7-for-power-le-rpms"
4. Enable High Availability repositories
If the system is also required to be subscribed to
High availability repository, then execute the below command
subscription-manager repos --enable="rhel-ha-for-rhel-7-server-rpms"
5. Where to look for additional documentation
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for SAP HANA
This solution is part of Red Hat’s fast-track publication program, providing a huge library of solutions that Red Hat engineers have created while supporting our customers. To give you the knowledge you need the instant it becomes available, these articles may be presented in a raw and unedited form.