- Customer need to enable the SR-IOV multiQ, without changing/upgrading the QEMU/libvirt version (libvirt 1.1.1, QEMU 2.1.2), they are only allowed to change the IXGBE driver.
- They checked the SRIOV support with following IXGBE versions
- IXGBE v4.03 - they manage to have SR-IOV mutipleQ, but failed to configure VLAN.
- IXGBE v4.3.13 - they didn't manage to have multipleQ enabled.
- With later QEMU/livirt versions (libvirt 1.2.17, QEMU 2.3.0) and official (v4.3.13) IXGBE driver - It works fine.
- Red Hat OpenStack Platform 6.0
- Compute Node:
[root@compute-0-1 ~]# cat /etc/redhat-release Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 7.0 (Maipo) [root@compute-0-1 ~]# cat /proc/version Linux version 3.10.0-123.20.1.el7.x86_64 (email@example.com) (gcc version 4.8.2 20140120 (Red Hat 4.8.2-16) (GCC) ) #1 SMP Wed Jan 21 09:45:55 EST 2015
- libvirt/QEMU versions :
[root@compute-0-2 /]# virsh version Compiled against library: libvirt 1.1.1 Using library: libvirt 1.1.1 Using API: QEMU 1.1.1 Running hypervisor: QEMU 2.1.2
- IXGBE version :
[root@compute-0-2 ~]# ethtool -i p5p1 driver: ixgbe version: 3.15.1-k
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase of over 48,000 articles and solutions.