- Red Hat JBoss Operations Network (ON) 3
- Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Platform (EAP) 4, 5, 6
- Red Hat JBoss AMQ 6
- JBoss Messaging Service, JBoss HornetQ, or JBoss AMQ message queues and topics
- Like to monitor JBoss Queues
- Monitor real time message depth in Topic or Queue
- Need alerts for message queue issues
- Send alerts to group email if number of messages exceeds certain amount of messages in Topic or Queue
- How to monitor Queue or Topic
You can monitor JBoss Messaging, JBoss HornetQ or JBoss AMQ message queues and topics using Red Hat JBoss Operations Network (ON). Its primary function is to monitor system and application resources and their availabilities, collect metrics and to trigger alerts when defined alert conditions are met. A triggered alert could send an email to a list of email addresses or it could execute resource operations or other JBoss ON command scripts.
You will need to download and install the appropriate JBoss ON Agent Plug-ins for the resource types you are planning on monitoring. For JBoss Messaging or JBoss HornetQ, topic and queue resource types are defined in the Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Platform Management Plug-in Pack. For JBoss AMQ, topic and queue resource types are defined in the Red Hat JBoss AMQ Management Plug-in Pack.
- Using JBoss Operations Network for Monitoring, Deploying, and Managing Resources
- Resource References:
- JBoss ON Complete Resource Reference
- JBoss AMQ Performance Metrics Reference
- Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Platform
- Red Hat JBoss Operations Network
- Red Hat JBoss AMQ
- Learn more
This solution is part of Red Hat’s fast-track publication program, providing a huge library of solutions that Red Hat engineers have created while supporting our customers. To give you the knowledge you need the instant it becomes available, these articles may be presented in a raw and unedited form.