- Since upgrading from Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4 to Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5u3, under high NFS load, the java application reading and writing to the NFS volumes will occasionally read NULL bytes from a file even though none exist.
- This is similar to a previously reported and fixed Bug 429755. But the current issue is reported against a more recent kernel.
- One of our developers noticed that sometimes log files on NFS shares contain
NULLbytes when they shouldn't.
- There is a kernel invalidation issue fixed in the kernels newer than 2.6.18-164.4.1 (Bug 511170), but upgrading past this kernel did not resolve the issue.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 (NFS client)
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 (NFS client)
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 (NFS client)
- NFS v3 with mount options including
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase, tools, and much more.