- Local users can no longer use 'su' command to get root rights.
- Only this generic message is generated in logs which is the same as supplying the wrong password:
Dec 14 16:49:57 testserver su(pam_unix): authentication failure; logname=test uid=500 euid=500 tty=pts/2 ruser=test rhost= user=root
- If switch to account of the other user, it fails with a "password incorrect' error even the password is correct.
# su - Password: su: incorrect password</code>
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase, tools, and much more.