- This problem applies to third-party 32-bit x86 kernel modules that:
- Were compiled for RHEL 6.x systems prior to RHEL 6.3 and
- Use either of the following symbols to allocate memory: contig_page_data or __alloc_pages_nodemask
- These modules will fail on RHEL 6.3 systems when they try to allocate memory
- Red Hat Enteprise Linux 6.3 systems running third-party modules that were built prior to RHEL 6.3.
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase, tools, and much more.