clusvcadm command hangs, clustat does not show service states, or other rgmanager-based operations block on a RHEL High Availability cluster node
clusvcadm -e, or other
clusvcadmoperations hang and never return
- When running the clustat command we do not see any services, and it lists the following error message:
Service states unavailable: Temporary failure; try again
resgroup_thread_mainstuck waiting on dlm lock for service, causing other operations (such as disabling services) to hang
- I can't enable or disable services. The operation just hangs forever.
rgmanagerhangs and doesn't provide service lists
- Nodes can talk to each other, both can see online but while we fire
clustat, services are not listing.
clustatreports "Timed out waiting for a response from Resource Group Manager"
- When I start
rgmanager, there are no errors but it never seems to finish starting and doesn't log anything useful, and doesn't start services or initialize resources.
- You see this in clustat:
Timed out waiting for a response from Resource Group Manager
- There are four services running in this cluster, and we're trying to freeze each one with
clusvcadm -Z. All services except one get frozen, the other one just sits there forever without returning.
clusvcamdis hanging and not showing any detail while disabling the service
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 5 or 6 with the High Availability Add On
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase, tools, and much more.