- When a local system user is created on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7, the command takes a long time if the server is using Active Directory to authenticate users.
Same delay is not observed if unprivileged users are added to the local system.
[root@rhel7-test-01 ~]# time useradd -r test1 real 3m54.588s user 0m0.052s sys 0m0.080s [root@rhel7-test-01 ~]# time useradd test2 real 0m0.615s user 0m0.016s sys 0m0.010s
- With the same configuration on RHEL6, we are not encountering this problem.
- We are seeing that some package installation via yum causing SSSD to fetch all users information and the installation time take too long to complete.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 7
- System Security Services Daemon (SSSD)
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase of over 48,000 articles and solutions.