- A single threaded task, full database scan query, takes more time to run on a server with more number of resources than a server with less number of resources(CPU and RAM)
- Server1 (Old server) configuration: Dell PowerEdge R910 => RAM: 192GiB, CPU: 24
- Server2 (New server) configuration: Dell PowerEdge R710 => RAM: 256GiB, CPU: 64
- Server2 with more number of CPUs and more RAM takes more time to complete the full database scan query than the Server1 with lesser number of CPUs and less RAM.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5
- Oracle database version 11.2.04
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase of over 48,000 articles and solutions.