- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7
- Storage is not available or usable during installation
- Partition fails during installation
- Retry the installation and continue until the installation can't proceed due to the error.
- Use the following to break out to a shell after Anaconda has started
- If Anaconda has not started yet, you will need to use this key combination to send the initial installation steps to the background to access a shell.
exitto return to the installation
Gathering troubleshooting logs:
# mkdir /tmp/storage # cp /tmp/anaconda-tb* /tmp/storage/anaconda-tb.log # dmesg &> /tmp/storage/dmesg.log # fdisk -l &> /tmp/storage/fdisk.log # parted -sl &> /tmp/storage/parted.log # multipath -ll &> /tmp/storage/mpath.log # ls -lR &> /tmp/storage/dev.log # udevadm info --export-db &> /tmp/storage/udev-exportdb.log # lvm lvs &> /tmp/storage/lvs.log # lvm vgs &> /tmp/storage/vgs.log # lvm pvs &> /tmp/storage/pvs.log # dmsetup info &> /tmp/storage/dmsetup-info.log # cat /proc/partitions &> /tmp/storage/proc_part.log # cat /proc/scsi/scsi &> /tmp/storage/proc_scsi.log # cat /proc/modules &> /tmp/storage/proc_modules.log # tar cjf anaconda-logs.tar.bz2 /tmp/*log /tmp/storage/*
- With the tar file created, either put the data on removable media or use scp to move the information to another system and upload the files to the case.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux
This solution is part of Red Hat’s fast-track publication program, providing a huge library of solutions that Red Hat engineers have created while supporting our customers. To give you the knowledge you need the instant it becomes available, these articles may be presented in a raw and unedited form.