- We share our automount map files out via nfs from a central server.
- When a RHEL 7 machine is rebooted the automounted file systems are not available.
- Performing a systemctl status -l autofs.service shows that the autofs service could not read the maps.
- Once the machine is up performing "systemctl restart autofs.service" makes the automounted file systems available which means the configuration is correct.
- On any RHEL 7 server we build since the reliance of autofs on nfs mounted maps is standard for us.
- Every time on reboot, we have to manually restart the autofs service to make the automounted file systems available.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase of over 48,000 articles and solutions.