- Yesterday we created a hybrid RHDS9-RHDS10 replicated production environment, with our 2 current RHDS9 production systems, and 4 new RHDS10 systems that will take over the role of production servers, in a 6 master multi-master toplolgy.
- Since we made the replication topology users have reported different behaviour with LDAP searches to the old RHDS9 environment.
- More specifically, when searching for attributes with capitals only (i.e.
) they get no results, while a lowercase search (i.e. ) returns the result.
- As this worked in the past, we feel some kind of behaviour has changed with the change to implement the hybrid replication.
- In detail, when searching a RHDS9 server with uppercase, we get no results, when searching with lowercase we get the uppercase result back.
- In RHDS10 this is the reverse: an uppercase search returns the correct result while a lowercase result returns nothing.
- Red Hat Directory Server (RHDS) 9
- Red Hat Directory Server (RHDS) 10
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase, tools, and much more.