Live valueswill cause false alerts when alert is configured to use dampening rules;
- An alert that should be triggered only if certain metric value is collected a certain number of times in a row will be falsely triggered if someone navigate to the metric page in JBoss ON UI;
- Add a flag to Alert Definitions to "ignore live values"
- Red Hat JBoss Operations Network (ON) 3
- An alert is defined to be triggered if metric value is equal to 0 a certain number of times consecutively - for instance:
- Imported process that is executed periodically - for instance once per hour;
- Every time, process is properly executed value for the metric
Invocation per Minuteis lager then 0;
- In between two execution of the process, the value of
Invocation per Minuteis 0;
- Collection period for
Invocation per Minuteis set to 20 minutes;
- An alert is defined to be triggered only if
Invocation per Minutevalue is equal to 0 four times in a row (meaning that there was a problem and process was not properly executed);
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase of over 48,000 articles and solutions.