- LV resize hangs for root FS for RHEL7 hosts on vmware
- When I want to increase an LV, the command hangs and stays in the blocking state:
# lvresize -L +4G /dev/mapper/VolGroup00-LV_ Size of logical volume VolGroup00/LV_ changed from 24.00 GiB (768 extents) to 28.00 GiB (896 extents).
- On the console I see an XFS Hung Task.
- When does the behavior occur? Frequently? Repeatedly? At certain times?
- We have to reboot the vm to increase the filesystem, so its kind of urgent.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 7
- lvresize of a root filesystem
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase of over 48,000 articles and solutions.