- Access to GFS2 presented Samba share can hang
- After opening a PowerPoint file on one windows client using Office 2007, opening that same file on another Windows results in PowerPath hanging. Instead, PowerPath on the second client should prompt to open it Read-Only since another user already has it open.
- If we made the first connection using Office 2007 and the second access was 2003 we recieve a hang which eventually times out. No access can then be made from either version until Samba service is stopped and restart the service.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 5.4 (Tikanga)
- Samba share backed by a GFS2 file systemRHSA-2010-0178
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase, tools, and much more.