- we have 4 paths for every SVC luns . When SVC starts upgrading, one of 2 SVC nodes went offline so that all luns would lose half of paths , then after this node finished its upgrade , the paths we lost would return online automatically. Then IO can failback to these returned paths , the other SVC node could go offline for upgrade safely.
- In previous version of RHEL, e.g. RHEL6, RHEL7.0 paths managed by DMMP returns automatically so that SVC upgrade can proceed without intervention.
- In RHEL7.1 , I found the lost paths didn't return to be managed by DMMP unless we issue a rescan command.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase, tools, and much more.