Currently EAP 6 expects database connections within the standalone.xml file however this is managed by a central operations team which defines a template standalone.xml. The config is locked down and no app specific config is allowed in the configuration.
- What other way could we allow teams to configure the datasource other than the -ds.xml file as this is now deprecated even though it does work.
- Is there another way to configure the datasource without having to edit the standalone.xml as this process doesn't make sense for merging app specific config to operational runtime of config.
The datasource is managed by another team and we can't have access to password. How can I get a comparable configuration to the *ds.xml in EAP 5? The standalone.xml cannot contain application specific information i.e datasource credentials, hostname, port etc
- Multiple apps use different data sources. Is there a way to decouple the datasource config from the standalone.xml?
- Pertaining to data source administration, is it possible to change the location of the data source configuration or is it only allowed to be stored in the standalone.xml file? For example, can the configuration be stored in a custom xml file and somehow included in the standalone.xml file?
- Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Platform (EAP)
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase of over 48,000 articles and solutions.