- Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- Red Hat Satellite 6.x
- System registered with multiple activation keys only uses content view and life cycle environment of last activation key only.
- Is it possible to attach multiple content views to content host ?
- Use of Multiple activation key to register a system fails to attach multiple content views to content host.
- It is not possible to attach multiple content views and life cycle environment to a content host when more that one activation key is used to register a content host.
- Hence when multiple activation keys are used to register a system to Satellite 6, content view and life cycle environment of last activation key is attached to content host.
- Which means that contents from content view attached to last activation key which is promoted in same life cycle environment will be available for content host.
- For an example, There are three content views CV1, CV2 and CV3 promoted to life cycle environment env1,env2 and env3 respectively. CV1 and env1 is attached to activation key AK1, CV2 and env2 is attached to activation key AK2 while CV3 and env3 is attached to activation key AK3. Conisder following command is used to register a content host :
# subscription-manager register --org orgname --activationkey AK1,AK2,AK3
- Now content host registered to Satellite 6 can have access to contents from CV3 which is promoted to env3.
- So if there is an requirement that a content host needs contents from multiple content views then composite view can be used in such scenario.
- There are some limitation while using composite view which are as follows :
- Content views assigned to composite view must be promoted in same life cycle environment.
- Composite view must also be promoted in same life cycle environment
- Same life cycle environment must be assigned to activation key.
This solution is part of Red Hat’s fast-track publication program, providing a huge library of solutions that Red Hat engineers have created while supporting our customers. To give you the knowledge you need the instant it becomes available, these articles may be presented in a raw and unedited form.