- How to change from IP-address to Hostname/FQDN ?
- How to change from IP-address to Hostname/FQDN in "gluster peer status" ?
When running "gluster peer status" command on several storage nodes of the same trusted storage pool, some nodes show their hostnames and some show their IP-address, despite having the same network settings in
Note, the IP-address
192.168.122.12which should be
[root@rhs1-1 ~]# gluster peer status Number of Peers: 2 Hostname: 192.168.122.12 Uuid: a4e7a8c4-0985-4f11-ad1f-ee730bcd7320 State: Peer in Cluster (Connected) Hostname: rhs1-3 Uuid: bc3609b3-f30e-4231-9b5f-9af878c5ca84 State: Peer in Cluster (Connected)
- Combination of IP-address and hostname can cause connectivity problem and may lead to issues.
- Red Hat Gluster Storage 2.0
- Red Hat Gluster Storage 3.0
- Red Hat Gluster Storage 3.1
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase of over 48,000 articles and solutions.