- JBoss Enterprise Portal Platform (EPP) Site Publisher (SP) 5.2.2.GA
- Migration from EPP-SP 5.1.x
During the migration from EPP-SP 5.1 to 5.2, internal templates need to be upgraded to work with the new version. If this is not done, some functionality, such as the Quick Search, will not work in EPP-SP 5.2.
Customers who migrate from an older EPP-SP release need to add the upgrade binaries to their installation. Follow these steps:
- Download the attached upgrade-plugins-2.3.6-cp01-spub-185.zip archive.
- Extract jars from the archive to EPP_HOME/jboss-as/server/PROFILE/lib folder.
- Start the server.
- Remove the jar libraries from the server after starting Site Publisher for the first time.
Template files used by EPP-SP have been changed between version 5.1 and 5.2. The upgrade binaries are needed to automatically convert the template files to the new format.
This solution is part of Red Hat’s fast-track publication program, providing a huge library of solutions that Red Hat engineers have created while supporting our customers. To give you the knowledge you need the instant it becomes available, these articles may be presented in a raw and unedited form.