- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 3
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform 3
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform 4
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform 5
- The S100 and S300 PERC RAID controllers require special drivers and software that can only run under certain Microsoft Windows Operating Systems. These drivers and software are not available for Linux and therefore the devices will not operate in the Red Hat Enterprise Linux or Red Hat Enterprise Open Stack Platform environment.
- In order to use RAID storage, the S100/S300 controllers must be disabled in the system BIOS, and replaced with a supported hardware-based controller*. Another option is to use a supported controller and the software RAID functionality provided by Red Hat Enterprise Linux or Red Hat Enterprise Open Stack Platform. Software RAID may be implemented at time of installation, and the current documentation for that can be found here:
Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6
Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5
Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4
*At time of writing this article, supported hardware RAID controllers include (but are not limited to) the following devices:
PERC 6/E SAS controller with RAID PERC 6/I SAS controller with RAID SAS 5/E controller with RAID SAS 6I/R SAS controller with RAID
This solution is part of Red Hat’s fast-track publication program, providing a huge library of solutions that Red Hat engineers have created while supporting our customers. To give you the knowledge you need the instant it becomes available, these articles may be presented in a raw and unedited form.