- Red Hat Mobile Application Platform ( RHMAP ) - 3
- Android SDK 23 (Marshmallow)
- Apps using current FeedHenry Android SDK do not work correctly when built locally while targeting Android SDK 23 (Marshmallow)
- Locally created Apps that target Android SDK, version 19 and over, fail to build in the FeedHenry studio.
Locally built Android apps, which are using the current FeedHenry SDK and that target the Android SDK version 23, will not work correctly. The workaround is to perform one of the following.
- Build the app locally against Android Lollipop.
- Replace HttpClient with HttpUrlConnection (or OKHttp).
- Include the HttpClient support library from Google.
For apps that target Android SDK version > 19, that are built in studio and not locally, the builds will fail until the studio is upgraded.
FeedHenry studio has not been upgraded yet to deal with Android SDKs with versions greater than 19.
- Red Hat Mobile Application Platform
- FeedHenry Studio
This solution is part of Red Hat’s fast-track publication program, providing a huge library of solutions that Red Hat engineers have created while supporting our customers. To give you the knowledge you need the instant it becomes available, these articles may be presented in a raw and unedited form.