- Our vendor provided a CentOS VMDK image to us. In order to upload this image to our OpenStack platform, I have done the following tasks:
- Convert the VMDK image to a single file version by the command:
vmware-vdiskmanager -r Directory\sas-centos6.vmdk -t 0 sas-centos.vmdk
- Upload this sas-centos.vmdk to our OpenStack NAS server.
- Use glance to import the image to cinder:
glance image-create --name “centos" \ --is-public true \ --disk-format vmdk \ --container-format bare \ --file /var/tmp/centos.vmdk
- The image was successfully uploaded. However, when I tried to create a disk volume from this image file on our OpenStack web page, an error was returned after a long period of waiting.
- Red Hat OpenStack 5.0 on RHEL 7
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase, tools, and much more.