- Red Hat Network (RHN) Satellite 5.0.x, 5.1.x, 5.2.x, 5.3.x, 5.4.x, 5.5.x, 5.6.x
- Red Hat Network (RHN) Satellite Web UI - http://satellite.fqdn.com
- I cannot login to admin account because password has been forgotten
- Lost or forgot the administrator password
- How do I reset satellite administrator password?
For RHN Satellite 5.0.x, 5.1.x, 5.2.x
The recommended way to reset the Red Hat Network Satellite Administrator password is by following the steps below:
1. Visit the Red Hat Network Satellite web ui
2. Select About RHN tab
3. Proceed to Lookup Login/ Password
4. Provide the Red Hat Login and Administrator Email Address
5. Click on Send Password button
If the process above is not possible, there is a workaround that would require the use of unsupported SQLPLUS scripts. These scripts will require some minor edits, such as path to the SQLPLUS. The scripts are needed to access and modify the Oracle Database of the RHN Satellite server.
Please contact Red Hat Support to acquire the SQLPLUS scripts and get further assistance to use it. Red Hat Support will only be able provide commercially reasonable assistance with the said unsupported scripts.
For RHN Satellite 5.3.x and newer
With the Satellite 5.3 release, supported command line tools were provided to reset the password for the Satellite Administrator user:
- Command to list the login names of users on the satellite server
- Command to change a user’s password on the satellite server
# satpasswd (login name from satwho command)
- If you do not know who or which account the primary 'Satellite Administrator' is you can identify this by running the command.
# spacewalk-report users | grep -i 'satellite admin'
This solution is part of Red Hat’s fast-track publication program, providing a huge library of solutions that Red Hat engineers have created while supporting our customers. To give you the knowledge you need the instant it becomes available, these articles may be presented in a raw and unedited form.