- When a session cookie is sent with a request, and the session does not exist on the server, the server can do one of two things:
- create a session using the session id that was passed in the request (recycle)
- create a session with a totally new session id (do not recycle)
- Certain use cases may require session cookies either be recycled or not. For example, single sign-on solutions and portal applications typically require session cookie recycling so that information across contexts and sessions can be related.
- JBoss Enterprise Application Platform (EAP)
- JBoss Enterprise Web Server (EWS)
- You are accessing JBoss through the HTTP or AJP Connector.
- You have your browser set to accept session cookies.
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase of over 48,000 articles and solutions.
- Learn more