- Server becomes unresponsive
- Server started getting crushed by many httpd processes
- Load on the server goes as high as 150
- High CPU and memory consumption
Server load spikes when client systems check in to the server
Delay in Satellite packages being available to client
- Red Hat Network (RHN) Satellite 4.2.x, 5.0.x, 5.1.x, 5.2.x
Red Hat Network (RHN) 5.3.x if the default configuration for repository metadata generation has been changed from the default to mimic behavior on pre-5.3.x releases
Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 5 clients checking in to the Satellite server via yum commandline or yum-updatesd, etc.
- Large deployment - environments with a high number of client systems registered to the Satellite are more likely to see the issue
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase of over 48,000 articles and solutions.