- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6
- Premium and/or Extended Update Support (EUS) entitlement
- Selected main updates channel in
rhn_registerbut was registered to EUS channel
- I ran
rhn_registerand accidentally selected the "limited updates" or EUS or "z channel", but then pressed Back and selected the main RHEL Server updates. When my system was registered, it was subscribed to the EUS channel and not the main updated channel.
This issue is under investigation via Red Hat Private Bug 1260454 - rhn_register registers to EUS channel when pressing Back and selecting main updates channel.
Browse to the system page on RHN Classic - https://rhn.redhat.com/rhn/systems/SystemList.do
To to the Software tab and Software Channels sub-tab on the system page.
Change the Base Software Channel from the RHEL EUS Channel to the main Red Hat Enterprise Linux channel.
Click Modify Base Channel to save changes.
This appears to be a bug in
# rpm -qf $(which rhn_register) rhn-setup-188.8.131.52-32.el6.noarch
- Steps to Reproduce
- Install new RHEL 6.7 system
- Provide account with EUS entitlements
- Select the "limited updates" EUS channel
- Press Next
- Press Back
- Select the main updates channel
- Press Next
- Proceed with registration
- Actual results
- System is registered with EUS channel as base channel
- Expected results
- System is registered with main updates channel as base channel
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux
This solution is part of Red Hat’s fast-track publication program, providing a huge library of solutions that Red Hat engineers have created while supporting our customers. To give you the knowledge you need the instant it becomes available, these articles may be presented in a raw and unedited form.