- kernel crashes in
- prior to the crash, we see a lot of 'VFS: Busy inodes after umount' messages
- kswapd crashes while calling
shrink_icache_memoryto shrink inode cache
- We might increase the automount timeout, as suggested by Why do I see this message in my syslog: "kernel: VFS: Busy inodes after unmount. Self-destruct in 5 seconds. Have a nice day..."?. However, we have around 2000 server with us with exactly same "autofs timeout" value & it doesn't seem to be the problem with any of them.
- The issue started after installing 2.6.32-504.3.3.el6.x86_64 version, in our environment all server has 2.6.32-504.3.3.el6.x86_64 and 2.6.18-400.1.1.el5 and all working fine except this server
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 (NFS client)
- kernels prior to kernel-2.6.32-573.12.1.el6
- kernels prior to kernel-2.6.32-642.el6
- NFSv3 or NFSv4 mounts
- NFS server
- an export w/ a sub-dir bind-mounted to the export root
- Originally seen with automount of NFSv3 mount points from datadomain NFS shares
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase of over 48,000 articles and solutions.