- When doing a find on a NFS with a lot of files it takes a long time. On the same filesystem mounted to a RHEL5.11 system it is much faster.
- "strace -c" on the find shows that "newfstatat" is called on average twice per file and I don't see this on the RHEL5 server.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 or 7
- kernels 2.6.32-358.el6 or above
- 'find' command to locate files ("-type f" option)
- Directories containing many thousands of files
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase of over 48,000 articles and solutions.