- Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform 6.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform 7.
- Red Hat OpenStack Platform 8.
- Red Hat OpenStack Platform 9.
- Red Hat OpenStack Platform 10.
- How to increase the OpenStack Keystone Ticket Timeout?
- Some operations are getting a Timeout from Keystone before it completes. Is it possible to increase the ticket validation?
- If you are experiencing some kind of timeout or the Keystone Ticket is expiring during an operation, for instance when you upload a glance image and it takes more time than the ticket, you can increase the keystone ticket changing the keystone.conf file:
Inside the /etc/keystone/keystone.conf you have the following option:
You can safely change it to a new value in order to fit in your needs, for instance 7200 or another value:
# Amount of time a token should remain valid (in seconds). # (integer value) expiration=3600
Since openstack-keynote doesn't have a "reload" method in the systemctl
# Amount of time a token should remain valid (in seconds). # (integer value) expiration=7200
You should restart the service using the following command:
NAME keystone-all - Keystone Startup Command ... DESCRIPTION keystone-all starts both the service and administrative APIs in a sin‐ gle process to provide catalog, authorization, and authentication ser‐ vices for OpenStack.
Note: If you have more than one controller and runs it behind an HAProxy, you can safely change the parameter expiration in the keystone.conf in each controller and then restart each one separately. HAProxy will take care to redirect the services to a active service.
# systemctl restart openstack-keystone.service
- Red Hat OpenStack Platform
This solution is part of Red Hat’s fast-track publication program, providing a huge library of solutions that Red Hat engineers have created while supporting our customers. To give you the knowledge you need the instant it becomes available, these articles may be presented in a raw and unedited form.
Welcome! Check out the Getting Started with Red Hat page for quick tours and guides for common tasks.