- RBD snapshot of an image that resides on a VM is taken and then later the RBD snapshot is cloned, changes made to the parent image after the RBD snapshot was taken will show up on the cloned image. The RBD snapshot should be a point in time copy of the image at the time of when the snapshot was taken, since the image is continually being update after the snapshot this effectively nullifies this backup for that point in time.
- Inktank Ceph Enterprise 1.1
- Inktank Ceph Enterprise 1.2
- Inktank Ceph Enterprise 1.2.2
- Red Hat Ceph Storage 1.2.3
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase of over 48,000 articles and solutions.