- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5
- OpenStack Platform 4 (RHEL 6)
- OpenStack Platform 5 (RHEL 6)
- OpenStack Platform 5 (RHEL 7)
- OpenStack Platform 6 (RHEL 7)
- Red Hat Enteprise Virtualization 3 (RHEL 6)
- Red Hat Enteprise Virtualization 3 (RHEL 7)
Red Hat Product Security has been made aware of a 'buffer overflow' vulnerability affecting the Floppy Disk Controller (FDC) emulation implemented in the QEMU component of the KVM/QEMU and Xen hypervisors. The vulnerability, which has been assigned CVE-2015-3456 and is now being referred to as VENOM, was rated as having an Important impact.
Updated information and resolutions are maintained at: VENOM: QEMU vulnerability (CVE-2015-3456).
This solution is part of Red Hat’s fast-track publication program, providing a huge library of solutions that Red Hat engineers have created while supporting our customers. To give you the knowledge you need the instant it becomes available, these articles may be presented in a raw and unedited form.