- I have reinstalled the RHS nodes with version 3.0.4 and configured ctdb for the ip failover. I can NFS mount the gluster volume directly using the floating ip. So that works OK.
- Now when logging in the .Xauthority file gets created without a problem but there are still problems.
- Firefox starts but when accessing the menu it locks up. I only get this with an user that has its homedir on nfs (glustervolume). An user with an local homedir has no problems.
- These messages appear in the messages log:
Apr 8 09:35:46 obionfs2 gnome-session: WARNING: Application 'gnome-settings-daemon.desktop' failed to register before timeout
- It also seems that the two xrdb gnome-settings-daemon spawns are defunct. And that's probably because the two xrdb processess gnome-settings-daemon starts are defunct.
- So what is xrdb trying to do and what is its relation to firefox?
- Red Hat Storage 3.0.4
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase of over 48,000 articles and solutions.