- Red Hat JBoss BPM Suite (BPMS) 6.x
- Does a sub-process is reusable process? I mean can it be called/used by several business process?
- Is there any guide to simply call a business process definition (BPD) from another BPD in the same project (same organization) in
- How to include one generic process into other processes?
- How to include one business process into other business processes in JBoss BPM Suite 6?
A sub-process is a process within another process. When a parent process calls a child process (subprocess), the child process executes in a sequential manner and once complete, the execution control then transfers to the main parent process.
Sub-process can be created to modularize the entire business process or it can be created and used as sub-process as well. It completely depends on the behaviour/flow of particular business process. Sub-process are classified in various categories as per their usage. Please refers to BPM Suite 6.x - Development Guide - Subprocesses section for further details regarding each one of them.
Sub-process can be integrated and executed using various events (again depends on the behaviour of business process).
JBoss BPM Suite - User Guide provides descriptive information about events, sub-process and other
Attached simple demo application (jbpmdemo2signal.zip) is created in
JBDSwhich includes sample example of throw and catch event which is calling one process from the different one.
The other attachment (samplesubprocesses.zip) contains some subprocess samples such as ad-hoc, embedded, re-usable and multiple instance to be used only as a guide.
This solution is part of Red Hat’s fast-track publication program, providing a huge library of solutions that Red Hat engineers have created while supporting our customers. To give you the knowledge you need the instant it becomes available, these articles may be presented in a raw and unedited form.