- NFS client can't execute open/write systemcall against NFS filesystem after NFS service restart
- While NFS client is repeatedly executing I/O sequence (open/write/read/close) against a file that exists on the NFS filesystem, NFS server restart.
- When executing open systemcall, EIO error occurs, and when executing write systemcall, EAGAIN error occurs
- We must restart NFS client machine to recover
- NFS4 server restarts multiple times within the grace period results in NFS client hangs
- If NFS server restarts at interval longer than the NFS4 grace period, this problem does not occur
- Red Hat Enterprise 7 (NFS client)
- kernel prior to 3.10.0-229.11.1.el7
- seen on kernels 3.10.0-123.el7 and 3.10.0-229.el7
- NFS server
- Seen with RHEL6u6 kernel-2.6.32-504.el6, nfs-utils-1.2.3-54.el6
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase of over 48,000 articles and solutions.