- What is the recommended deployment strategy for a cluster managing both single-host active/passive logical volumes supporting single-host filesystems such as
ext4, etc and multi-host logical volumes supporting GFS2 distributed filesystems?
- I have a cluster that uses
clvmdto share LVM volume groups for GFS2 file systems, and I also need to manage shared volumes for single-host file systems in the same cluster. Red Hat's documentation recommends always using
HA-LVMwhen shared LVM volumes are in use, but I'm not sure if I can use
clvmdfor GFS2 and
HA-LVMin the same cluster. How should I configure my resources?
LVMresources that use
exclusive=truefail to activate in clusters that also use cloned LVM resources with
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 5, 6 and 7 with the Resilient Storage Add On
- Shared LVM volume groups to be used both for:
- Active/passive workloads that only need access to shared storage on one node at a time, and
- Active/active workloads that utilize GFS2 for concurrent access to data across multiple nodes
rgmanagerfor resource management
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase, tools, and much more.