- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7
- Red Hat Identity Management
- IPA Global DNS Forwarder not Resolving
- After upgrading from RHEL 6 IPA to RHEL 7 IPA, Global Forwarding is failing
1. Edit /etc/named.conf and set the dnssec parameters as below:
dnssec-enable no; dnssec-validation no;
2. Restart named:
# systemctl restart named-pkcs11
Note: As alternative solution DNSSEC can be enabled on external DNS. Refer link SECURING DNS TRAFFIC WITH DNSSEC
- IPA is not able to forward DNS request to external DNS since
DNSSECcheck if failing.
This solution is part of Red Hat’s fast-track publication program, providing a huge library of solutions that Red Hat engineers have created while supporting our customers. To give you the knowledge you need the instant it becomes available, these articles may be presented in a raw and unedited form.