- Our Computer Security Team is asking if: http://seclists.org/oss-sec/2012/q2/493
(https://community.rapid7.com/community/metasploit/blog/2012/06/11/cve-2012-2122-a-tragically-comedic-security-flaw-in-mysql) is affecting Red Hat Enterprise Linux versions 4 ELS, 5 and 6 versions of MySQL package.
- "Security vulnerability in MySQL/MariaDB sql/password.c"
- "Massive MYSQL Authentication Bypass Exploit « Dave (ReL1K) Kennedy's Security Haven"
- "CVE-2012-2122: A Tragically Comedic Security Flaw in MySQL"
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux versions (RHEL) 6
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux versions 5
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux versions 4 Extended Lifecycle Support (ELS)
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase of over 48,000 articles and solutions.
Welcome! Check out the Getting Started with Red Hat page for quick tours and guides for common tasks.