- When monitoring the host of a Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.8 guest VM, its qemu-kvm is always consuming between 13 ~ 19%, even if guest is completly idle and doing nothing.
- For example, with 10 RHEL5 guests, qemu-kvm will use almost two full CPUs (~170% CPU time), with guests idling.
- In a large RHEL5 VM farm, it can consume considerably more power and HVAC.
- Host: Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6
- Guest: Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.8
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase of over 48,000 articles and solutions.