- Red Hat JBoss Operations Network (ON)
- If I had clicked download rhq-agent within JON 3.3.0 gui after upgrading I expected to get the new 3.3.0 agent with my custom agent configuration from the old agent in it. But all I got was a new agent without any custom configurations.
- Currently, if you upgrade to JON 3.3 using the
./rhqctl upgrade --from-server-dir .... --from-agent-dir ...command., the previous versions
log4j.xmlfiles are saved.
- So in the upgraded agent's conf directory you will find 4 configuration files :
log4j.xmlfiles from the previous version of JON.
- However, after upgrade, if you download the agent from the GUI, then this is not the case. You will have the
log4j.xmlwhich are available with a fresh/new agent. Previous configurations are not saved.
- We have captured this requirement in a
Feature Request (internal RFE)ensure that the user's customizations are retained even when the agent is downloaded from the GUI .
This solution is part of Red Hat’s fast-track publication program, providing a huge library of solutions that Red Hat engineers have created while supporting our customers. To give you the knowledge you need the instant it becomes available, these articles may be presented in a raw and unedited form.