- After upgrading RHEL-6 to RHEL-6.6 minor release, the vmplayer fails to load a virtual machine with following message during startup:
error: "couldn't open /dev/vmmon "
- The following error messages logged in dmesg:
kernel: vmmon: disagrees about version of symbol poll_initwait kernel: vmmon: Unknown symbol poll_initwait kernel: vmmon: disagrees about version of symbol poll_freewait kernel: vmmon: Unknown symbol poll_freewait
- modprobe command also fails with following error message.
# modprobe vmmon FATAL: Error inserting vmmon (/lib/modules/2.6.32-504.el6.x86_64/misc/vmmon.ko): Unknown symbol in module, or unknown parameter (see dmesg) # dmesg |tail -n 2 vmmon: disagrees about version of symbol poll_freewait vmmon: Unknown symbol poll_freewait
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.6
- VMware workstation 10.0.3
- kernel module "vmmon"
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase, tools, and much more.