- We are migrating from EAP 5/EAP 4 to EAP 6 and we have a lot of environment specific .properties files in the "conf" directory of our EAP 5/EAP 4 JBoss. It would be painful to change this behavior in all of our applications. Is there one place from where I'm able to get files via the classloader.
- Where to put properties and xml configuration files that were previously in the conf directory so that applications can load the configuration files via Classloader.getResource ?
- Unable to read the properties file from module
my.confwhich is placed inside the
$JBOSS_HOME/modulesdirectory and facing the below exception:
unable to find sample.properties
Unable to load
ChartFXlicense into classloader.
ChartFXis a third party product that works by adding the jar and its license file to the JBoss servers classpath. In JBoss 3 (and WebSphere and Welogic) we are able to do this by adding the jar and its .lic file to the EAR/lib directory. In JBoss EAP 5.1 this stopped working for the
.licfile and we were forced (for lack of a better solution) to place the
.licfile into the
<jbeap>/server/libdirectory where it was pick up as part of the classpath. This has now ceased to work and it is not possible to add a .lic file to a module.xml or the server/lib directory. How to deploy this license file in EAP 6?
We are migrating to JBoss EAP 6, in jboss eap 5.1 , there was a "conf" directory that was on the server's classpath that could be used to load environment specific config files, I can not see the same thing in JBoss EAP 6.4.
- Our application has property files & loads on startup. With standalone mode, we are keeping a set on each server. In domain is there any way we can accomplish with only one location instead of keeping on both servers. ? Please advise.
- Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Platform (EAP)
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase of over 48,000 articles and solutions.