- Red Hat Satellite 6
- We are planning to roll-out Satellite 6, while we still have the old subscription model in place
- What will happen when we go to the new subscription model by the end of the year?
- Will re-uploading of the manifest work and link system subscribed to satellite to the appropriate subscription or what will happen in this case?
- The update from the old subscription model to the new subscription model will work and attach appropriate subscription based upon the products installed on the specific host
- Still manual intervention/correction might be required in certain cases, especially if using Virtual Datacenter subscription where the hypervisors are not correctly detected
- Seeting up
virt-whois required to make it work with Virtual Datacenter subscription
- How to subscribe a VMware or Hyper-V guest to "Red Hat Enterprise Linux for Virtual Datacenters"
- Seeting up
auto-attachfunctionality does not recognize all current use cases, thus may be failing to assign correct subscriptions in rare cases. In virtualized environment, the problem often comes when hypervisors are not properly recoginzed by
- Red Hat Satellite
This solution is part of Red Hat’s fast-track publication program, providing a huge library of solutions that Red Hat engineers have created while supporting our customers. To give you the knowledge you need the instant it becomes available, these articles may be presented in a raw and unedited form.