- We have 16TB ext4 partition and have hit the limit in RHEL6. We wanted to expand the disk further by using RHEL7 which has a limit of 50TB.
- If we move from RHEL6 to RHEL7, do we need to reformat the disk in order to support higher than 16TB?
- Can I grow a pre-existing ext4 filesystem on RHEL7, or does a filesystem larger than 16Tb require a
mkfs.ext4to create a new supported filesystem?
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7
- ext4 Filesystem larger than supported limit on RHEL6 (ie: between 16Tb and 50Tb)
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase of over 48,000 articles and solutions.