- Whats the upper limit of response size of BIND
When BIND dns server received query from client, bind will attempt to reply using UDP at first.
But in some case BIND switch the connection mode using TCP.
What is the threshold for this behaviour in each case ?
- UDP size limit:DNS query without dnssec option
- UDP size limit:DNS query with dnssec option
- TCP size limit:DNS query without dnssec option
- TCP size limit:DNS query with dnssec option
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.x, 6.x
- Bind 9.3* , 9.7*
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase, tools, and much more.