- When virt-manager is used to create a virtual machine, the VNC keymap is set to some unknown value by default.
- During the installation of any version of RHEL, the keyboard mapping for most of the keys is incorrect on the vnc display.
- To get the right key mapping one need to enter the immediate right key. i.e. to enter the character "t", one needs to press the "y" key.
- When the VM installation is finished, one can manually edit the guest xml using
virsh edit xxxxand add
<graphics type='vnc'stanza to resolve this.
- How can we fix this issue completely without implementing the above work around to get it corrected during and after the installation?
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 6
- Virtual Machine Manager (virt-manager)
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase, tools, and much more.