- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.2
- vmware tools
- Users are able to login via ssh or console, but not able to login to GUI.
- After accepting user name and password, GUI getting hung.
- Uninstall the vmware tools and try again.
- There is some problem with the interaction between vmware tools and RHEL6.
check ~/.xsession-errors logs
"Xlib: extension "VMWARE_CTRL" missing on display ":0.0"."
This solution is part of Red Hat’s fast-track publication program, providing a huge library of solutions that Red Hat engineers have created while supporting our customers. To give you the knowledge you need the instant it becomes available, these articles may be presented in a raw and unedited form.